Admission to the Ph.D. programme usually happens twice in an year during May/June and Dec/Jan. The process is common to both the categories (Full time and Part Time)
- 1) Admission shall be made on the basis of a written Test viz. RAT followed by an
- 2) The RAT Examination shall be qualifying only with qualifying marks as 50%. A
relaxation of 5% marks (from 50% to 45%) shall be allowed for
SC/ST/OBC/Differently abled (PD) category to qualify the RAT Exam.
- 3) The syllabus of the RAT examination shall consist of 50% of Research Methodology
and 50% subject specific. (Please refer www.igdtuw.ac.in )
- 4) The application fee deposited by the applicants is Non-Refundable.
- 5) The RAT examination shall be waived off for some applicants (refer the admission brochure for details)
- 6) The RAT shall be conducted in the following disciplines:
a. Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
b. Computer Science / Information Technology/ Computer Applications
c. Mechanical & Automation Engineering
h. Electrical Engineering (under the Department of Electronics and
- 7) The Syllabi and other related details of the RAT Examination are available on the
- 8) All applicants taking admission in the Ph.D. Course shall be bound by the Ph.D.
Ordinances and Regulations of the IGDTUW
- 9) The applicants shortlisted for interview are required to discuss their research interest/
area during the interview. The interview shall also consider the following aspects viz.
a. The person should possess the competency for the proposed research.
b. The research work can be suitably undertaken at the University.
c. The proposed area of research can contribute to new/ additional knowledge.
* the process is only indicative, candidate should refer to the exact guidelines/procedure in the admission brochure of the concerned academic year.